offers easily learnt techniques to:
- identify and transform limiting beliefs or behaviours
- take up different points of view to see, feel and
hear new information
- positively change how you communicate with others and yourself
- choose and maintain the most useful emotional state
for any task or situation
- clarify life goals, make them more compelling and
"What lies before us and what lies behind
us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And
when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen".
Henry David Thoreau
“The life which is not examined is not worth
"It is only those who see the invisible who
can do the impossible"
Dr. Ernest Holmes
Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
Find out more about NLP or Neurolinguistic Programming on this page.
NLP provides amazingly simple, powerful methods to:
- change the way we think, feel, act and learn
- enable us to transform relationships
- achieve personal changes quickly and easily
What is NLP?
NLP or Neurolinguistic Programming, is a new field developed in the 1970's
in the US by Dr John Grinder, a well known professor of linguistics, together
with Richard Bandler. They produced a linguistic model that identified
language patterns of a few gifted individuals:
- Family Therapist Virginia Satir
- Gestalt Therapist Fritz Perls
- Hypnotherapist Milton Erickson
- Anthropologist Gregory Bateson
NLP is based on a set of very precise ways to identify how someone who
is successful, is achieving results. NLP determines which internal strategies
they use, and these strategies are then distilled into handy tools for
others to use and create similar successes.
is often used as a vehicle for 'fast' or accelerated change. One of its
underlying assumptions is that even without NLP people can change and
that over time these changes can be profound. By applying NLP to these
situations changes can happen - very quickly indeed, sometimes in minutes!
NLP is essentially a very skilled use of language. Our use of language
can take many forms – the verbal or spoken word as well as our own
internal thoughts and beliefs. The NLP language patterns and techniques
can be used not only for:
- personal growth and development
- to help reprogram a person's mind and body to gain greater effectiveness
in all aspects of life
- positive strategies in the business community and
- in many other areas of life
- 'Neuro' acknowledges the fact that we
use the brain, the nervous system and the body's five senses to process
information. We use sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell to learn,
think and remember.
- 'Linguistic' refers to the verbal language
that we use to communicate with each other, as well as our internal
thoughts and our external body language.
- 'Programming' is
the ‘programs or patterns of behaviour’ we all demonstrate
and the way we organise our thoughts and our behaviours in order to
produce results. Knowing about these things and the way they are learnt
helps us to unlearn out-of-date programs. We can learn new ways to perceive,
to listen and to go about things more positively.
Where Can NLP Be Used?
is a method of personal growth and development an effective tool for improving
your own and others' performance.... and is being
used in many areas:
- Education and learning
- Personal development, coaching
- Sports excellence
- Counselling and therapy
- Conflict resolution
- Business negotiations
- Analysing and planning
- Chronic Diseases
"NLP may be the most powerful vehicle for change
Psychology Today magazine
We offer a variety of mini-workshops, courses and EFT Training worldwide. Read more about our training here.